Saturday 6 June 2009

Ona needs your help

My name is Ronny Forslund, Stockholm, Sweden and this is Ona, a Pyrenean Mountain Dog (Great Pyrenée). My best friend. She was seriously injured in an accident on May 31 and had her both front legs broken. Since then she has been staying at the Bagarmossen Animal Hospital in Stockholm, Sweden and she was operated on Thursday, June 4. Sofar the operation has been successful and she is gradually recovering.

The problem is that Ona is eight years old and thus her insurance covers care only up to SEK 20 000 or US$ 2565. The rate for each day she stays at the hospital is SEK 2 000/US$ 257. The actual operation cost SEK 35 000/US$ 4 488 and it is expected that she will have to remain in hospital until Monday, June 8. I do not have the money needed to save her. I would gladly take a loan to pay for her care but as my credit history has been damaged by a tax debt many years ago I cannot get a loan. Paying back a loan on a monthly basis is not a problem but my credit history stops me from obtaining one.
In my desperation I am now asking the international blogging community for help. For the purpose I have set up this blog. It is my hope that some of you will want to help Ona by a small contribution so she can come back home. If the hospital bills are not paid, Ona will have to die, maybe being put to sleep forever by the very same veterinary surgeon who operated her. If you feel that you would like to help Ona your donations are highly welcome. Every single dollar brings us nearer our goal - to let this wonderful friend live and bring her home.

Why would anybody go to such extremes for saving the life of an eight years old dog? you may ask yourself. For me, the answer is very simple. She wants to live. Her lust for life is heartbreaking and even though we may have three years left together at the most, I simply cannot let her down when she needs me. Over the years she has spread her energy and power to everybody around her and I could never feel comfortable again if I knew I had not done all that I could to save her.

I am aware of the power of social media and this is our last hope. If you feel that you wish to make a contribution to save Ona please use the 'Donate' button to the right. You will have our eternal gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment